Click here to listen to the podcast
The following topics were covered in the discussion:
1) Covel talks to Shore about the "a-ha" moments of his students when teaching managed futures, and how he brings his students into the world of managed futures.
2) The term "managed futures is sometimes confusing.
3) Understanding positive skewness and drawdowns.
4) The issue of survivorship bias.
5) Shore's paper, "Decoding The Myths of Managed Futures".
6) Concepts of systematic trading.
If you are interested in managed futures workshops and/ or research please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Shore has more than 20 years of experience in the futures markets and managed futures, publishes research, consults on alternative investments and conducts educational workshops. www.shorecapmgmt.com
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. There is risk of loss when investing in futures and options. Always review a complete CTA disclosure document before investing in any Managed Futures program. Managed futures can be a volatile and risky investment; only use appropriate risk capital; this investment is not for everyone. The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and are only for educational purposes. Please talk to your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.