Byron Baldwin, SVP, Buyside Relations at Eurex, says his exchange developed segregated account services that can be as wide or granular as needed.
Moving excess customer funds to a clearing house is one way to reduce the amount of capital at risk.
- Segregated funds (link)
- CFTC Final Rule: Investment of Customer Funds by Futures Commission Merchants and Derivatives Clearing Organizations, Regulation 1.25 (link)
- A Layman’s Guide to Regulation 1.25 (link)
- CFTC Final Rule: Customer Clearing Documentation, Timing of Acceptance for Clearing, and Clearing Member Risk Management (link)
- Derivatives Clearing Organizations Regulation (link)
- Boarding the “Wrong Train” – Five Minutes with Gary DeWaal, Newedge (link)
- Eurex Clearing – Client Asset Protection (link)
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. There is risk of loss when investing in futures and options. Always review a complete CTA disclosure document before investing in any Managed Futures program. Managed futures can be a volatile and risky investment; only use appropriate risk capital; this investment is not for everyone. The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and are only for educational purposes. Please talk to your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.